Me Charlebois successfully completed his studies at the Faculty of Law of the University of Ottawa in 1981 and was called to the Barreau du Québec the following year. When he began his career 38 years ago, Me Charlebois chose to focus his practice in criminal and penal law. Along with his colleagues Mr. Michel Swanston and Mr. Sébastien Gagnon, he founded CSG Avocats, which is the largest and most prestigious criminal law firm in the Outaouais region.
Versatile and ambitious, Me Charlebois works on all types of criminal and penal charges, including: impaired driving (causing bodily harm or death), dangerous driving, hit and run crimes, driving while prohibited, criminal negligence, homicides, assaults, threats, drugs, frauds, etc.
His extensive experience as a lawyer led him to not only plead before the Court of Québec, and the Superior Court, but also the Court of Appeal. A passionate advocate for human rights and freedoms, Mr. Charlebois is committed to carefully study the work of police officers to ensure that the rights of his clients have been respected.
Not only has Me Charlebois earned a solid reputation in the Outaouais region over the years, but he is also well-known throughout the province. He was the key instigator of several important developments in Quebec related to impaired driving. His sensitivity to the many consequences surrounding impaired driving charges led him to advise and defend thousands of drivers dealing with these situations.
In addition to his practice at the firm, Me Charlebois is very active in the legal sector. In collaboration with other members, he founded the Association du Jeune Barreau in 1986. He was also greatly involved in the creation of the Association québécoise des avocats et avocates de la défense in 1995, which he presided, and currently sits on the board of directors. Me Charlebois has also chaired the Association des avocats et avocates de la défense de l’Outaouais for several years.
Needless to say, Mr. Charlebois’s impressive wealth of experience, tremendous skill set and deep understanding of the issues surrounding criminal charges will ensure you get the best defence to which you are entitled.
Past and Present Involvements
- Association des avocats et avocates de la défense du Québec
- Association des avocats et avocates de la défense de l’Outaouais
- Association des avocats et avocates de province
- Barreau de l’Outaouais
- Association du Jeune Barreau de Hull
- Discipline Committee at the Barreau du Québec
- Fondation du Barreau du Québec
- Comité de la pratique privée
- Member of the National College for the DUI Defense
- Recipient of the Mérite du Barreau de Hull
- Excellence Award presented by the Association des avocats et avocates de la défense du Québec for his remarkable work in impaired driving cases.